Dec 10, 2007

"A friend of mine works full time for the cirque du soleil as a clown, it's very physically demanding work and he's now in his mid forties. The circus sometimes performs twice a day and are constantly on tour. He swore by pilates and the transformational strength it gave his body. Along with this vote of confidence and the need to connect more to my body and feel stronger in it, I got interested in taking classes in Pilates and found Nadia Cusimano teaching in Kreuzberg, Berlin.

Nadia Cusimano is the best teacher I have ever witnessed when it comes to learning about body movement. Learning pilates from her is a very rich and constantly expanding experience. As a retired dancer from the Sasha Waltz & Guests dance group in Berlin, she has a profound understanding and respect for the unlimited potentials in how the body can heal itself. And with the correct guidance, shows how the body and mind can become stronger as a wholistic experience.

My work requires long hours and a lot of international travel which can be very tiring - Nadia's method has strengthened me and made me more supple internally. Furthermore, I feel much more connected to my body, more centred and more respectful to this extraordinary apparatus which carries me through life."
Nathalie Latham, visual artist in photography and video.
http://nathalielatham.blogspot.com

No comments: